We get a lot of questions about shilajit, so we thought we’d answer the most frequently asked questions about our product, including dosage, benefits, and side effects. For shipping, returns, or customer service questions, please see the product page or contact us directly.
- As a nutritive supplement shilajit is encouraged for everyone. Many children in Nepal take shilajit with warm milk every morning and this practice is continued throughout life. Nepalese sherpas are often associated with amazing strength and endurance. Many sherpas attribute their stamina to shilajit specifically.
- Men and women with low libido are encouraged to take shilajit as a natural libido enhancer.
- See our product page for a more comprehensive list.
- Decaying plant material mixes with healthy bacteria in the soil, rain and snow melt allows this dense substance to seep deep into rocky crevasses, the moisture leaches minerals from the rocks, layers of stone and soil tightly compress everything, the combination now “ferments” in this compressed resinous form for a very long time. After many years, intense heat from the summer sun warms the rocks causing the resin to become soft and expand, the resin slowly seeps from the cracks to the surface and dries in a semi solid form on the rocks… and there you have it SHILAJIT!
- The shilajit is then harvested by hand. In its raw form there are many heavy metals and debris in the Shilajit. The shilajit is then purified, again by hand, to remove any contaminants and make it safe for consumption.